: 1+ years of professional Information Technology/Security experience.Minimum Job Requirements
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certification/Licensure Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) by Associated Locksmiths of America.
- Locksmith License from the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices of locks and lock hardware, using hand tools and special equipment: Disassembles locks, such as padlocks, safe locks, and door locks, and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Adjusts, maintains, repairs, and replaces conventional door locks, padlocks, tumbler locks, and various other lock hardware such as panic bars, door checks, latches, catches, fasteners, and door closers.
- Inserts new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
- Establishes and maintains master key systems.
- Operates machine tools such as key-cutting machine, drill press, grinder, hand drill, electric drill, and electrical hammer to duplicate keys and change locks.
- Moves lock-pick in cylinder to open door locks without keys (Opens locks which cannot be opened by ordinary means).
- Selects key blanks, cuts keys, and fits keys to locks.
- Issues keys and locks and keeps related records.
- Opens safe locks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 1+ years of related experience with the DoD.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Methods, materials, and safety procedures of the locksmith trade.
- Vehicle operations and safety.
- Install, maintain, and repair locks.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Travel to off-site locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks and hardware.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-defined master key systems.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Possession of a valid California driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Must maintain all required certification and/or license status.
- Must be Insured & Bondable.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.